We’re looking for a dedicated WordPress and WooCommerce technical support person to join our team. You will be taking over the support role of our founder to answer all levels of support issues around our products. Our main product, WC Vendors Marketplace is the most downloaded marketplace plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce. We have over 10k active installs.
This is a split role between providing technical support to our users while also assisting developers with testing and bug reports when support traffic is low. This will include the creation of documentation.
Knowledge and experience
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Be able to diagnose issues quickly, assist clients with plugin conflicts, installs and features.
- A deep understanding of building and maintaining WordPress and WooCommerce stores.
- Be able to diagnose issues quickly
- Experience working with GitHub or other repo-sharing platforms. In other words, you can clone repos, pull branches and set up local WordPress installs without hassle.
- You will be able to clearly outline bugs and write github issues as required.
It would be great if you have
- Have built a WordPress or WooCommerce plugin
- Experience with HelpScout
- Have used or have knowledge of WC Vendors Marketplace plugin
- Love writing documentation and doing video tutorials with or without voice overs
- Used slack in a team environment
- Monitoring the support and presales in-boxes to ensure that customers and potential customers are receiving a response within 24 hours.
- Monitor our WordPress.org forums on a daily basis on weekdays
- Testing bugs locally and report these to the development team including adding the repeatable steps to the relevant github repository
- Pre-release quality assurance testing for every new release and product
- Recording video walkthroughs highlighting plugin functionality
- Writing snippets to solve one-off problems
- Helping run regular user testing sessions
- Supporting product partners (other theme/plugin authors) when they request access or clarification
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Comfortable with self-directed work as well as working in a remote team. You also have a positive mindset and take pride in your work. You enjoy solving complex problems with minimal assistance. You enjoy seeking opportunities of self-improvement.
- you are diligent and have excellent attention to detail
- you are friendly and polite
- you are intelligent and a problem solver
- you are collaborative not competitive
- when you make mistakes, you own up to them and fix them
- you communicate clearly in English
No agencies please, We are looking to grow our global team.